Employment & Self-Sufficiency Programs
Job Opportunities and Basic Skills (JOBS) and Employment & Self-Sufficiency Services
The JOBS program is Oregon's employment and self-sufficiency program for people on public assistance. Clients participating in employment and self-sufficiency services, receive ongoing screening, assessment and case management, while participating in activities such as life skills, basic education, job readiness or work experience that address barriers to self-sufficiency.
FLSA Calculator (2013) (XLS)
FLSA Calculator (2014) (XLSX)
Voluntary Work Experience SAIF Claims Last updated January 2014
JPI Process New
J82 Process NewUnder construction - see JOBS Activity Guidelines
|Single adult with a child age under age six. (5 or younger)||20||20 hours per week of Core Activities.|
|Single adult all children in filing group are 6 or older||30/20||30 hours per week of Core or Non Core Activities, at least 20 must be in Core Activities.|
|Two Parent Families receiving child care assistance from DHS||55||In combination, the two parents must work/participate 55 hours per week to receive one Post TANF stipend. At least 50 hours must be Core Activities.|
|Two Parent Families not receiving child care assistance from DHS||35||In combination, the two parents must work/participate in 35 hours per weeks to receive one Post TANF Stipend. At least 30 hours must be in Core Activities.
If each of the two parents is working 35 hours per week, with at least 30 hours in Core Activities, the family may receive 2 Post TANF stipends.
CORE Activities include:
Paid Work (UN/WO). Work Experience (WE), Supported Work (SW), Jobs Plus (PL), Micro-Enterprise (MI), On the Job Training (JT), Work Supplementation (WS), Vocational Training (VT) 12 month limit, Parents as Scholars (PS) 12 month limit.
Limited to 240 hours in 12 months for single parents with child under 6 and 360 hours in 12 months for all others - Job Search (IJ/JO), Life Skills (LS), Mental Health Treatment (MT), Drug & Alcohol Treatment (DT), Rehabilitative Activities (RA)
NON Core Activities include:
English as a Second Language (ES), Job Skill Training (JS), Adult Basic Education (AB), High School or GED (HS).
Non Countable Activities include:
Crisis Intervention (CI), Stabilize Living (SL), Child Health & Development (CH), Family Support & Connections (FC), Domestic Violence Intervention (DV), Medical Issues (ME), Program Entry (PE), Retention Services (RT/BR), Child Welfare (SC), Social Security Application (SS).
Guidelines for Exemptions from JOBS Participation and Disqualification Based on Undue Hardship (JOBS Exemption Reason Code U)
Note: Other hardships may exist. Staffing with central office staff is recommended/required.
|Common Hardship Examples||Consider JOBS Hardship Exemption if it Causes Client to be Unable to Participate AND...:||JOBS Hardship Exemption Additional Indicators||Review or Reassess JOBS Exemption Status at or when...|
|Domestic Violence and/or subjected to battery or extreme cruelty****||
|****The definition of subjected to battery or extreme cruelty parallels the DHS definition of DV except the abuser does not have to be related, an intimate partner or HH member.|
Clients Required to Participate who Can be Disqualified--> Under construction - see JOBS Activity Guidelines
Clients Required to Participate who Cannot be DisqualifiedUnder construction - see JOBS Activity Guidelines
Clients with Limited Exemption from JOBS Participation and DisqualificationUnder construction - see JOBS Activity Guidelines
Clients Exempt from JOBS Disqualification Because they are not TANF ParticipantsUnder construction - see JOBS Activity Guidelines
Clients Receiving TANF who are Exempt from JOBS Participation and Disqualification.Under construction - see JOBS Activity Guidelines
The JOBS Status (JS) and Exemption (Exmp) codes will be changed. The new items are:
E - Used for P2/M5 cases (no change)
C - Exempt but volunteers (no change)
D - Exempt
M - Exempt from JOBS, but required to participate in MH/DA
S - State Funded TANF
V - VISTA volunteer
P - Pregnant in 9 month or newborn up to 6 months (16 weeks for teen parents)
M - Medical complications due to pregnancy
U - Undue hardship
- A JS code will be required on all persons coded AD. They are no longer required on CH
- JS will be required on programs _2,82 and P2, M5 with the new PTF C/D
- New state funded programs, including program 82, will allow only the S JS code
A. There must be an open plan on the day that a placement is recorded.
- If placement is recorded after plan ends, it does not count.
- If placement is recorded before plan begins, it does not count.
- If there has never been a plan, it does not count.
B. Placements must meet one of these 6 validated (qualifying change) conditions:
- There is a reduction in the grant from the prior month. (case was 2,82 CP in prior month and in current month)
- Case has gone from 2, 82 CP/VP in prior month to CL or NA in current month
- Case has gone from 2, 82 CP/VP in prior month to M5/P2, CP/VP
- Case has gone from P2 with ASM NR to P2 without ASM NR
- Case has gone from P2 ASM in prior month (open Assessment date on JAS) to M5/P2 not ASM (Assessment has end date) in current month
- NEW 4/26/2007: Case has gone from 2,82 VP with a PLS NR to either M5/P2 VP or closes
C. Every placement will be subjected to the above tests in the month in which they're recorded, AND in the following 3 months. If they do not meet any of the tests during those 4 monthly trials, they are then placed in a not counted file.
D. Placements are counted in the month they are validated. So, a "January" placement is one that may have been recorded in Oct, Nov, Dec, or Jan, and was validated by one of the above 6 steps, in January.
- Hours by JOBS Activity - December 2014 (November data)
- JOBS Placements Report - March 2013
- JOBS Plus Monthly Report - July 2011 thru June 2012
- JOBS Plus Monthly Report - July 2012 thru June 2013
- JOBS Plus Monthly Report - July 2013 thru June 2014
- JOBS Plus Monthly Report - July 2014 thru June 2015
- JOBS Spending by Pay Type 13-15 thru September 2014
- JOBS Spending Compared to Budgeted Amount 13-15 thru September 2014
- Placements Recorded vs Validated Charts for November 2014
- Placements Summary with and without a Plan November 2014
- JOBS Referral For Services (DHS 7841)
- JOBS Appointment Notice (DHS 7849)
- JOBS Supervised Homework Attendance Report (DHS 7862)
- Education and Training Report (DHS 7861)
- TRACS Attendance Report (DHS 7865)
- Job Search Verification (DHS 475)
- Your "microenterprise" and the JOBS Program (DHS 7801)
- Letter of Documentation of Need to Care for Disabled Family Member (DHS 7785)
- Self-Directed Training (PPT)
- Vocational Training Skills Challenge
- Vocational Training Skills Challenge - Answers
- Vocational Training (VT) Application Packet (DHS 7786)
- Vocational Training Guidelines (DHS 7789D)
- Budget Information Worksheet (DHS 7788G)
- Learning Disability Referral - Fax Cover
- Learning Disability Referral - Client Information
- Potential Accommodations for Cognitive Disorders July 2014
- Potential Accommodations for Mental Health Disorders July 2014
- Potential Accommodations for Physical Health July 2014
- Potential Accommodations for Specific Learning Disabilities July 2014
- Potential Accommodations for Substance Use Disorders July 2014
- TRACS Resource Guide - May 2013
- TRACS Testing Page Guide
- Employability Screening Tool (DHS 7823A)
- Learning Needs Screening (DHS 421)
- Mental Residual Function Capacity Report (DMAP 729F)
- Physical Residual Function Capacity Report (DMAP 729E)
- Rating of Impairment Severity Report (DMAP 729G)
- SFPSS Program Referral to Disability Analyst (DHS 7813)
If an applicant has an old "JD" or "DJ" case descriptor on their UCMS case, please remove the coding. It has no affect on their benefits or application for benefits at this time.
- DQ Coding and Notices Tool - April 2013
- Example of Re-engagment Narrative - April 2013
- Narration Guide for Re-engagement - April 2013
- Re-engagement checklist - May 2013
- Re-Engagement and Disqualification Q&A - July 2012
- Case Planning and the Re-engagement Process (DHS 1598)
- JOBS Appointment Notice for Re-engagement (DHS 7869)
- Notice of JOBS Program Disqualification or Other Penalty (DHS 7873)
- TANF/JOBS Voluntary Case Manager Re-engagement Review (DHS 7825V)