Budgets and Rates
Effective October 1, 2011, all Employment and Community Inclusion or Alternatives to Employment (ATE) Services (SE 54) rates were converted from a monthly rate to a daily rate for billing purposes.
Training on the changes will be available throughout October. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and practice using the new system. The following tools and information are available to support both Community Developmental Disability Programs (CDDP) and Providers to understand, bill for, and build daily rates that support the needs and goals of individuals.
Conversion from Monthly to Daily Rates
- Daily Billing for DD54 Service Recipients - Changes to ISP's
- Conversion of DD54 Monthly Allocation to Daily Billing Rate
- How to Make Corrections
Building Budgets for New SE 54 Services
The Employment and Community Inclusion or ATE Service Budget Tool is provided for CDDP and designated providers to establish the daily rate and overall level of service (number of days per week) for individuals entering or transferring services after October 1, 2011. This tool is used to develop a budget. The additional review for budget approval has not changed.
- SE54 Employment/ATE w/ SE53 Non-Medical Transportation Budget Tool (Excel 2003)
- SE54 Employment/ATE w/ SE53 Non-Medical Transportation Budget Tool (Excel 2010)
- AR-11-074: Revised Budget Rate Tool for SE 54
SE 54 Billing Process
Use the following guides for implementing daily rates for Employment and Community Inclusion services effective October 1, 2011:
Questions and Answers
The following questions and answers have been compiled to assist with implementation of the daily rate billing processs. Review the questions and answers by topic:
- General Overview and Background
- Billing Policy and Procedures
- ISP Changes and Rates
- DD 54 Service Changes
- Services for Individual Supported Employment
You may also download the entire DD54 Daily Billing Rate Conversion Q & A.