Pharmaceutical services program
- Oregon Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Prior authorization information
- Preferred Drug List
- Other helpful links
Makena® (17-alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate) coverage effective October 1, 2013
- Makena® is a preferred agent, but requires prior authorization to ensure appropriate and safe use and should be billed through the pharmacy point of sale program.
- Compounded 17-alpha-Hydroxyprogesterone Caproate must comply with Oregon Board of Pharmacy OAR 855-045-0230 (1)(c).
- To get the latest issue of the newsletter by e-mail, subscribe to the OSU College of Pharmacy list-serv.
- For past issues of the newsletter and other information from the OSU College of Pharmacy, go to their list-serv archive.
- You can also obtain information about upcoming Oregon P&T Committee meetings at this link.
- Oregon Medicaid PA Criteria - The Oregon Pharmacy Call Center uses this information when reviewing prior authorization (PA) requests for fee-for-service prescriptions. Refer to this document to find out which drugs require prior authorization; Pharmaceutical Services rule 410-121-0040 no longer lists drugs that require PA.
- Oregon Pharmacy and Oral Nutritional Supplement PA Request - When requesting prior authorization for drugs or oral nutritional supplements dispensed to OHP clients on a fee-for-service basis, fax this form to the Oregon Pharmacy Call Center at 888-346-0178.
Epocrates (link) - Download Epocrates Rx to your mobile device or use the Web-based Epocrates Online to view the Preferred Drug List ("Oregon Medicaid - open card") and formulary lists for other payers, including OHP managed care plans.
- Prescriber tools - From the OSU College of Pharmacy
- OHP Prioritized List of Health Services information
- Tamper-resistant prescription pad information (link) - Information on how to comply with federal requirements for tamper-resistant Medicaid prescriptions.