School-Based Health Services (SBHS)
Oregon Administrative Rules
Chapter 410 Division 133 - Currently on file with Oregon Secretary of State
Recent rule revisions
None at this time.
The SBHS rules define Oregon’s fee-for-service program to reimburse publicly funded education agencies for health services provided under the IDEA to Oregon’s Medicaid-eligible children. The SBHS rules are also a user’s manual designed to assist the Education Agency (EA) in matching state and federal funds for Oregon’s Medicaid-eligible students with disabilities. The SBHS rules are to be used in conjunction with:
- General Rules (OAR 410 Division 120);
- Oregon Health Plan (MCO and CCO) Rules (OAR 410 Division 141); and
- Oregon Department of Education Special Education rules - Outline Oregon’s program to meet the federal provisions of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Includes consent requirement under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to share information.
- Code of Federal Regulations – Title 34 contains Education regulations; Title 42 (Public Health) lists Medicaid-eligible services.
- Medicaid and School Health: A Technical Assistance Guide - Contains specific technical information on the Medicaid requirements associated with seeking payment for coverable services rendered in a school-based setting.
- CMS Medicaid School-Based Administrative Claiming Guide - Informs schools, state Medicaid agencies, and other interested parties on the appropriate methods for claiming federal reimbursement for the costs of Medicaid administrative activities performed in the school setting.
- School-Based Medicaid for Children with Disabilities - Provides an overview of school-based Medicaid and survey of state policies and practices.
Who to call for help
SBHS Coordinator, Division of Medical Assistance Programs
Contracted Operations Analyst, Department of Education