Family Services Manual
(Updated with Release 84A: Effective March 1, 2017)
Introduction to the CAF philosophy of case management, along with examples, and a resource sheet.
Employment & Self-Sufficiency Services
JOBS, JOBS PLUS, community resources, support services, A&D services, domestic violence, teen parents, job retention.
As of October 1, 2007, the Assessment Program was changed to Pre-TANF. Please reference FSM chapter "Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Related Programs" and subchapter "Pre-TANF Program" for detailed information.
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Related Programs
This chapter includes sections on
- Pre-TANF Program
- Temporary Assistance for Domestic Violence Survivors (TA-DVS)
- TANF (TF)
- Post-TANF (PT)
- Job Participation Incentive (JPI)
- State Family Pre-SSI/SSDI (SFPSS)
- Refugee (REF) Program - Moved to the Refugee Chapter (see below)
- Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) - The Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) is not a program to administer, but rather a resource for DHS. Therefore, the information for this resource has been updated and is now located on the Staff Tool Web page under "Other Services"
- Emergency Assistance (EA) - The Emergency Assistance Program is closed as of January 1, 2003
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) Program
Child Care Assistance
ERDC, TANF/JOBS, and JOBS Plus eligibility, provider payments, provider eligibility and listing process.
Medical Assistance Programs
Medical Assistance Programs are no longer included in the Family Services Manual. For information and guidance on responding to medical requests from October 2013 forward see http://www.dhs.state.or.us/caf/ss_ohpaca.htm
Eligibility and Services for Noncitizens.
Child Support Program
Client cooperation requires, plus the process of collecting and disbursing support payments.
Counting Client Assets
Specific types of assets, including self-employment income.
Issuing and Restoring Benefits
Benefit issuance for all programs, including direct deposit and EBT.
Generic Program Information
Acronyms, definitions, confidentiality, hearings, overpayments.
Multiple Program Worker Guides
Procedural or resource information that applies to more than one program area (e.g., the noncitizen/alien status charts).
Prevention Resources are guidelines for CAF staff to provide client support for behaviors conducive to health and quality of life.
- Subject Index and Acronyms